Skip to main content


Frequently Asked Questions

Got a question?
No problem.

If your question isn’t answered please contact us and we’ll be happy to get you the help you’re looking for.


What services does Cavalry Construction provide?

Cavalry is a full service general contractor.  We will take care of your restoration from start to finish.  We can be on site immediately after the damage occurs and facilitate every construction aspect until the restoration is complete.

Do you clean and remediate after biohazard events?

Yes, we are IICRC certified (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certificate) and provide professional disinfecting and sanitizing services. We are further licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for Mold Remediation

Our team remediates sewage and feces, bodily fluids, animal waste or remains, infectious disease and virus contamination (COVID-19).

Some of the common scenarios we clean include natural disasters, hoarders, suicides and crime scenes after being cleared investigators. Our technicians are licensed and trained and use hospital grade disinfectants and deodorize the entire area. Note that we do not currently provide hazardous materials removal of asbestos.

Do you have vendor relationships?

We would be pleased to form a relationship and be the main contact or one call for all of your building restoration needs.  To discuss this program in further detail, please follow one of the steps below and a representative will get back with you.

  • Contact your local Cavalry office or call our national hotline at 888-601-3473
  • Contact us via our contact form.  An account representative will reach out to your company to begin the process.
  • If you are required to submit an official RFP or RFI, please send your information to: [email protected].  Please allow as much time as possible to adequately answer your inquiry and complete our proposal

I have an emergency at my building or facility. Who do I call?

If you are in an emergency situation the first priority is life and safety.  In the event of a life or safety issue, always dial 9-1-1 first.

The next priority is to secure the situation and begin immediate mitigation to prevent further damage. Contact Cavalry by calling our 24-Hour Emergency Hotline at 888-601-3473.

You may also submit your loss information online by completing the form.  The form will be automatically sent to the Cavalry and assigned to the appropriate project manager.

Do you only work on properties with approved insurance claims?

If you are overwhelmed with where to start after property damage, give our company a call. We work with homeowners and businesses directly out of pocket whether insurance is involved, your claim is approved, denied or pending. Some of our customers hire us directly for small to major home improvement projects.

What materials and brands does Cavalry Construction frequently install?

Cavalry Construction installs roofing systems and materials from GAF, SIKA, Malarkey and James Hardie Pros.


How do I file a claim with my insurance company?

Most insurance companies have a hot line that you can call 24/7 to report a claim.  This information can usually be found on your insurance policy.

How do I know if I have roof damage after a major storm?

It’s very tough to know if you have damage to your roof without visible leaks.  It is best to have a trained professional like Cavalry, examine your roof after a high wind event or hail storm.

When do I pay my deductible and whom do I pay it to?

Note that a deductible cannot be waived or canceled due to new state law in Texas. Some insurance policies allow for clients to pay Cavalry a deductible. The deductible acts as your down payment and will be collected at the start of a project.

What types of insurance claims does Cavalry work on?

We perform restoration and remodeling work for all types of property damage and buildings including homes, condo’s, apartment complexes, commercial and industrial properties and more.

Is Cavalry Construction an approved vendor with my insurance carrier?

We get approval for most insurance companies in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.

Cavalry is an approved vendor for USAA and CNA.

What is a work authorization form?

Before the reconstruction process can begin, you will be asked to sign our standard work authorization form. This gives Cavalry Construction permission to work in your building or facility and to communicate with your insurance carrier and/or adjuster.

For additional work or change orders beyond the mitigation phase, a more detailed scope of work will be produced in advance utilizing Xactimate software. Xactimate is the nationally recognized estimating program for the majority of major insurance carriers and ensures industry standard pricing for the rebuild of your building, facility or home. Using this estimating tool typically results in a much faster agreed upon scope or estimate with your adjuster.

Can you start on renovations before my insurance claim has been approved?

Yes we can get started as soon as a work authorization form is signed. Waiting on approval from insurance, especially after water damage can lead to more problems such as mold. For these reasons, our firm is available 24/7 for emergency remediation and cleaning.

For homeowners that do not have additional living expense coverage, how do you work around schedules for remodeling and repair?

We will make every effort to complete the repairs with the least amount of interference for our customer. We realize since the COVID-19 pandemic, many are working from home which can create additional disruptions when property damage occurs. If our customer can live in the dwelling while repairs are made, we will work with them to do so.