Skip to main content

Property Loss Consulting

The biggest difference between Cavalry and all the independent adjuster firms out there is that Cavalry is a full service General Contractor as well as a consultant.


Anytime we put our letterhead on an estimate, we are 100% certain that we can and will complete the work for that amount. Most other firms write down numbers without truly knowing what a project realistically costs. Cavalry has been a general contractor since 1989 and we know what it takes to complete all different types of projects.

Our team has performed loss consulting throughout the U.S. and in several foreign countries. Cavalry consultants are trusted experts in the field and are equipped to serve on a variety of construction projects.

In our travels, we have consulted and constructed all types of projects. Ranging from construction defects to commercial building structures — to even a large-scale explosion that spread building debris across the property — we’ve seen it all and have the collective experience in place to accurately estimate and advise on any type of property loss.

Can Cavalry assist with dispute resolution?

Cavalry has been engaged to handle numerous disputes across the country. We have worked on cases including appraisals, attorney litigation, and differences in pricing between multiple parties.

What can Cavalry Construction consultants assist with?

  • Damage Assessments
  • Remediation Consulting
  • Clerk of the Works
  • Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and ACV Analysis
  • Builder’s Risk Loss Assessments
  • Replacement Cost Assessments
  • Time Element Analysis
  • Code Upgrade Analysis
  • Wind/Flood/Code Apportionment
  • Business Interruption Offset Analysis
  • Scope Reconciliations and Comparative Analysis
  • Construction Audits
  • Appraisal and Arbitration Services

What types of losses has Cavalry consulted on?

We have consulted on numerous perils (wind, hail, tornado, fire, collapse, freeze, water damage, and hurricane, etc.) for large and small commercial buildings, industrial warehouses, concrete tilt-wall construction, and stick-framed residential structures. Cavalry can assist in determining scope, cost, schedule, length of restoration, and more.

What’s the difference between an independent adjuster and a loss consultant?

An independent adjuster is an independent consultant hired by insurance companies to investigate, assess, and settle insurance claims on behalf of the insurer. Independent adjusters are folks that are adjusting the claim.

A loss consultant is also someone working as an independent contractor for an insurance company, but their role is more specifically defined. For example, when we act as consultants, the Cavalry team is scoping and estimating the cost associated with the repair to a building.

It’s good to note that some parties use the term “loss consultant” erroneously when they are in actuality adjusting the claim. We sometimes see public adjusters (adjusters that represent the property owner for a fee) call themselves loss consultants. We do NOT do this.

What should I expect during the consultation and assessment process?

During the consultation and assessment process, a Cavalry consultant has been hired by the insurance company to scope and cost out repairs necessary for a building after a loss. We provide these costs in real, tangible contexts. That means when we produce the estimate, we are saying that we can and will do the work for the amount of our estimate.

How long does the loss consulting process typically take?

That depends on the size and complexity of the loss. In most cases, we can inspect, scope, and estimate the repair costs within two weeks.

Will Cavalry handle all communication with my insurance company on my behalf?

As consultants, we are hired by an insurance company, which means we communicate directly with that company and its representatives. Depending on the circumstances, we may not communicate with the property owner whatsoever.