Fire is always a devastating event. From smaller electrical fires to large structural blazes, fires never fail to leave physical, emotional, and financial damage in their wake.
Understandably, dealing with the aftermath of such a disaster can be overwhelming. Homeowners and business owners alike now face the daunting task of rebuilding and restoring their properties. But post-fire restoration doesn’t need to be tackled alone — in fact, it definitely shouldn’t be!
Calling in a professional fire restoration company like Cavalry is the key to getting your property back to its pre-loss condition after a fire. Once the blaze is extinguished, experienced and dedicated professionals will clear your property of health and safety hazards, remove lingering signs of smoke and debris, and restore your property until it’s good as new.
In this article, we’ll explore the importance of fire damage reconstruction, the key steps involved, and what to look for in a top-tier fire damage reconstruction company.
Why Is Fire Damage Restoration So Important?
Fire damage reconstruction is the process of repairing and restoring a property to its pre-loss condition. It’s the only way to ensure a home or business becomes safe and livable after experiencing the effects of fire.
Taking action within the first few hours after a fire is crucial. Lingering char, soot, water, and other materials could cause long-term damage — and potentially pose a hazard to human health — if they’re not addressed immediately. Within hours after a fire, smoke and soot on appliances, walls, and other parts of the home or business may start to stain. After only a few days, walls can discolor permanently, and personal property will start rusting.
Fire damage restoration construction will ensure this doesn’t happen. The Cavalry team will tackle several fire-related issues in one fell swoop, including:
- Structural damage caused by fire, smoke, and water used to extinguish the blaze.
Structural repairs are a vital step towards making the property safe and livable again. You don’t want damaged beams crashing down from the roof after being compromised by fire, for example. And you certainly don’t want mold growing in the wood that was hosed down by the fire department.An important thing to note is that water and fire damage generally go hand in hand. That’s why it’s best practice to call a company that has extensive expertise in water damage construction as well as fire damage reconstruction.
- Harmful debris, soot, and smoke lingering in the air and in the remainder of the building.Nobody wants a persistent smoky smell in their home, but the risks to human health caused by smoke are far more worrisome than an unpleasant odor. Smoke contains fine particles that can penetrate deep into your lungs and cause a variety of health problems, including aggravated chronic heart and lung diseases. Exposure to particle pollution is even linked to premature death. Cavalry uses highly effective residue removal methods to remove all traces of harmful compounds from your home or business after a blaze.
In addition to the practical benefits, fire damage restoration is also paramount for the emotional well-being of those affected by the fire. It can help to restore a sense of normalcy and security following a traumatic event, which can be especially crucial for homeowners who have lost personal possessions and memories in the fire.
How Fire Damage Restoration Works
Fire damage restoration is a crucial step in the recovery process and should be approached with care and professionalism. Once the fire engines pull away from the building, your restoration construction team will get to work. Unlike water damage construction, which may take only a few days to complete, fire damage restoration usually takes several weeks.
Restoration processes may vary slightly depending on the extent of the damage incurred. But generally, here’s what you can expect from a fire damage restoration process:
- Assessment: Cavalry will carefully assess the extent of the damage on your property. This includes an evaluation of the structure, furniture, and personal belongings, as well as an assessment of the soot and smoke damage. We will also check for any hazardous materials and develop a plan for the restoration process and prepare a written assessment.
- Debris removal and property securement: The next step involves securing the property to ensure it’s safe for crews to access. That means we’ll fence off the property, remove debris from the perimeter, and board and/or tarp openings in the structure.
- Water damage remediation: Water damage remediation comes next. We want to prevent mold or wood rot from occurring, so our team removes any standing water and dry the property using specialized equipment like dehumidifiers and air movers.
- Soot and smoke removal: We use specialized equipment to clean and remove any soot and smoke residue to prevent long-term damage to the property and its contents. This includes surfaces like walls, ceilings, and furniture. We may also use specialized cleaning products to neutralize any acidic residue from the smoke. Deodorization is an essential part of this process; we eliminate any unpleasant odors caused by smoke and water damage.
- Structural cleaning and repair: Cavalry repairs any structural damage and cleans the affected areas, including the furniture, floors, walls, and ceiling. This may include cleaning and repainting walls and ceilings, refinishing floors, and repairing or replacing damaged fixtures and cabinetry.
- Reconstruction: If necessary, Cavalry will rebuild any parts of the property that have been extensively damaged. This may include repairing or replacing damaged roofing, walls, and flooring, and restoring electrical and plumbing systems.
Once these steps are complete, you’ll find that your property has been given a second chance at life.
What To Look For In A Restoration Construction Company
Above all, a fire restoration construction company should demonstrate skill, professionalism, and empathy. Your team should be there for you in times of need, 24/7.
When choosing a restoration company, be sure to look out for the following:
- Experience: Choose a company that has a proven track record and extensive experience in fire damage restoration.
- Insurance: Make sure the company is fully insured and has the necessary coverage to protect you from any liability.
- Communication: A reputable fire damage restoration company will keep you informed and involved throughout the entire restoration process.
- Reputation: Check the company’s reputation by reading customer reviews, testimonials, and ratings.
At Cavalry, we’re proud to serve communities across Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston areas. We’ve been a trusted leader in the restoration and reconstruction industry since 1989. We specialize in the insurance mitigation and restoration of multi-family, commercial and residential, industrial, and religious facility losses due to fire, water, hail, tornado, hurricane, vehicle, or any other peril causing property damage.
No matter the time of day, we respond with the urgency and dedication each specific case deserves. We work hand and hand with the insurance company to make this process as easy as possible for you. No matter what, we’re here to do the heavy lifting for you, so you can take it easy after suffering a traumatic event.
Reach us anytime
Our clients count on us to help restore their homes, properties, and lives, and we’re always ready to rise to the occasion!