- 1 A Guide for Commercial Properties
- 1.1 Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
- 1.2 During the Storm
- 1.3 After the Storm
A Guide for Commercial Properties
Are you prepared for hurricane season? While there’s no way to prevent hurricane damage altogether, taking proper care to ensure your property is secure can help mitigate property loss. It can mean the difference between a few repairs and a major restoration.
Hurricanes move fast, but so does Cavalry. We’ve got you covered with an essential checklist for hurricane preparedness. If you have questions, concerns, or need to submit a work request, our emergency response lines are open for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 888-601-3473.
Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
- Remove large trees that could damage your buildings and power/communication lines if struck down by heavy winds.
- Secure or remove outdoor furniture, signage, loose debris, and equipment that could blow into and damage your facilities.
- Test fire alarm system and CO detector.
- Test emergency generators & ensure you have enough fuel.
- Check if sump pumps are operating properly.
- Move flammable liquid drums into a safe sheltered area that isn’t your main building.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Remove debris surrounding storm drains and catch basins.
- Inspect the roof and repair any damages, especially along the roof flashing.
- For outdoor equipment that can’t be moved indoors, ensure they are properly anchored and covered with tarpaulins or waterproof covers.