Bringing Your Property Back to Life
Whether it’s through the relentless force of nature or the steady wear and tear of time, property damage can be overwhelming. The devastating effects of floods, storms, fires, and other unforeseen events can leave properties in disarray, compromising their structural integrity and safety. As a property owner, this is the absolute last thing you want to deal with.
That’s what Cavalry Construction is here for.
With 30+ years of experience restoring and reconstructing Texas properties, Cavalry’s restoration roots run deep. It’s our mission to make sure that properties that have suffered a disaster are restored to their pre-loss condition.
But total restoration in Texas is a comprehensive process that goes beyond just repairs. It involves a systematic approach to assess the extent of damage, develop a strategic plan, and execute professional services to mitigate risks and restore properties to their pre-damage condition. Ultimately, the goal is to mitigate the damage and build resilience to prevent future disasters from causing the same kinds of issues on a property.
With the expertise of skilled restoration contractors and access to state-of-the-art equipment, Cavalry revives, restores and renovates properties, ensuring they don’t just meet aesthetic goals, but also remain safe in the face of future disasters. In the face of property loss or damage, Cavalry should always be the first call you should make!
Understanding Property Damage in Texas
Severe weather events in Texas are frequent and powerful. As a result, property damage is unfortunately an all-too-common occurrence. Just a singular tornado can devastate thousands of buildings in one fell swoop. And when you consider that Texas sees an average of 132 twisters annually, it’s easy to see why the total restoration of Texas properties is key to building resilience.
Other powerful storms, like hurricanes and massive thunderstorms, pose significant threats to property as well. These extreme weather events can unleash howling winds and torrential rains on properties in their paths. Punishing hail and ice storms can also devastate roofs, down trees, and flood the interior of buildings.
Fires can also ravage landscapes and structures, leaving behind charred remnants and smoke-damaged interiors. Water damage from the fire department’s hoses can also cause significant peril to a structure.
The impact of natural disasters on properties in Texas extends far beyond immediate structural damages. Communities may face prolonged power outages, compromised water supplies, and restricted access to emergency services during and after these catastrophic events. But rebuilding and restoring properties to withstand the forces of nature can mitigate the damages and facilitate a quicker recovery process.
Strengthening Your Property’s Resilience With Total Restoration
Property loss can result from accidents, natural disasters, negligence, or even malicious activities, like theft on a construction site. To safeguard construction projects and protect the investment of stakeholders, it’s crucial to adhere to risk management and safety measures. Here are 10 of the most critical steps.
When Cavalry restores and repairs a building, we’re not just thinking about the present: we work with the future in mind, too. Our restoration services are designed to keep buildings in top shape for as long as possible. Here’s how restoration can help fortify your property for years to come.
- Addressing immediate damage: After a disaster or incident, property restoration focuses on promptly addressing visible damages, such as repairing roofs, walls, windows, and structural components. By promptly attending to these issues, the building’s integrity is restored, reducing the risk of further damage during subsequent events.
- Strengthening structural integrity: During the restoration process, Cavalry identifies and reinforces weak points in the building’s structure. We may use specialized techniques, materials, and technologies to strengthen load-bearing elements, ensuring the building can withstand future stress and pressure.
- Upgrading building materials: In many cases, restoration involves replacing damaged or outdated materials with more resilient alternatives. For example, replacing traditional roofing with impact-resistant materials can help protect against storm damage, while using fire-resistant materials can reduce the risk of fire-related destruction.
- Implementing hazard mitigation measures: Property restoration offers an opportunity to implement hazard mitigation measures, such as adding storm shutters, elevating electrical systems above flood levels, or installing fire-resistant insulation. These measures help reduce potential risks and make the building more resilient against future disasters.
- Mitigating health and safety risks: Property restoration also includes addressing health and safety risks, such as removing hazardous materials like asbestos and lead-based paint. Eliminating these dangers improves the overall safety of the building and its occupants, making it more resilient to potential health-related issues.
- Long-term preventive maintenance: Property restoration encourages long-term preventive maintenance practices. Regular inspections and maintenance help identify and address minor issues before they escalate into major problems, ensuring the building remains resilient and structurally sound over time.
Remodeling To Boost Your Property Value
While reconstruction is crucial to fortifying a building, a fresh remodel can also help improve the property’s resilience and upgrade its value. At Cavalry, we offer remodeling services during reconstruction to help our clients get the most out of their restoration projects — and to get the most out of their property itself.
Here are some of the key benefits to remodeling.
- Increased curb appeal: Upgrading the exterior of a property, like adding a fresh coat of paint, updating the landscaping, and repairing or replacing the roof and siding, can significantly improve its curb appeal. A well-maintained and visually appealing exterior creates a positive first impression, enticing potential buyers.
- Modernization and upgraded amenities: Remodeling allows property owners to update outdated features and amenities within the property. Modernizing the kitchen with new appliances, cabinets, and countertops or upgrading bathrooms with modern fixtures can add value by making the property more functional and attractive to buyers looking for modern, up-to-date properties.
- Enhanced energy efficiency: Energy-efficient upgrades, such as installing energy-saving windows, improving insulation, and upgrading heating and cooling systems, can reduce utility costs for future owners. Energy-efficient properties are increasingly sought after, and these upgrades can boost the property’s value.
- Remodeling for accessibility: Making a property more accessible, especially for people with mobility challenges or disabilities, can also enhance its value. Features like ramps, wider doorways, and accessible bathrooms can broaden the property’s appeal and attract a wider range of potential buyers.
Remodeling provides an opportunity to update critical infrastructure components such as electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems. Buyers are more willing to pay a premium for properties with updated and reliable infrastructure, as it reduces the likelihood of expensive repairs and maintenance in the near future. Plus, well-planned and executed remodeling projects can yield a higher return on investment for property owners. The increased property value resulting from remodeling can potentially exceed the cost of the renovation, providing a profitable return when it comes time to sell or rent the property.
Cavalry proudly serves communities all over Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston areas. We specialize in the reconstruction and restoration of commercial property losses due to fire, water, hail, tornado, hurricane, vehicle, or any other peril causing property damage. Our skilled, expert team of contractors also provides remodeling services, including whole house remodeling, additions, and interior and exterior renovations. We also remodel kitchens, bathrooms, master bedroom suites, and more.
Get in touch if you have questions about emergency reconstruction services, remodeling, or any other of our services. You can reach us 24/7 at 888-601-3473.